Thursday, March 01, 2007

Life Is Stranger Than Fiction


I've just returned from almost two weeks in southeast Asia. I was going to write a brief summary of the trip with some reflections, but this article (Sharpton's Ancestor Was Owned by Thurmond's) is the first thing I saw in my email box! I'm pondering this in light of all the recent posts on race, Christianity and church... seems we really are closer than we think... and real life really is stranger than fiction.

For once, Sharpton looks stunned and silenced.

2 comments:

Born to be Transformed said...

I may be way off base with this, but here's my take on this when I reflect upon the first thing that came to my mind upon reading this article.

I feel sorry for Rev. Sharpton. I feel sorry that he doesn't realize that there are only two descendants we all have.Those from Adam and Those from Christ. If Rev. Sharpton can take the time to look at this, he would realize that our human lineage is meaningless when it comes to the heroism or discrace of our human ancestors.

I can't help but think he felt like one man one day, and another man when he discovered this information.

Anonymous said...

There you go messin' with my man, Sharp...

Good to have you home, bro! Missed you around here.

dave