Monday, August 06, 2007

Around the Blog in 80 Seconds

Sovereign Grace Ministries has added a page to its website featuring its church planting philosophy and some materials. Should be well worth the read (HT: SoloFemininity).

Timmy Brister at Said at Southern reflects on whether it's possible to plant a church on expositional preaching. Great stuff. (HT: Unashamed Workman)

A few of the best lines I've read this week:

there is a world of difference between dependent, humble application of the
Gospel to life and self-sufficient, self-exalting self-help. If people
leave my preaching confident in the rules and principles I have given them, I
have preached a false Gospel. If they leave the room confident in the faithful
grace and power of the Savior to work in them as they seek to obey -- I have
preached the Gospel.

Read the entire post.

A sermon series that looks like it's going to be a great meditation on the greatness of Christ, biblical theology, and engagement with some of the most disastrous sins in world history. I'm looking forward to this series from John Piper, though it's just a plan at this point. (HT: Justin Taylor)

No comments: