Tokyo Jennifer tagged me with the 7 disclosures meme. So, I think I'm supposed to give 7 things you might not know about me. Here goes:
1. There was a time that I wanted to be an interior designer. You can't tell it by looking at our place these days, but I do like design. And on many nights, a good date with me and the wife is a long night watching HGTV. Which reminds me... DO BETTER WITH DATE NIGHTS!
2. Related to the above (maybe this is cheating), there was I time I also wanted to be a fashion designer. I'm no clothes horse, but I like nicely cut suits and a well-built shoe. I'm not a real fan of "What Not To Wear," however. Most of what they recommend is either too trendy or too immodest.
3. If I were not a pastor, my career of choice would be high school basketball coach. I was an assistant for 3-4 years and I loved it. There was nothing quite like the opportunity to mold those young fellas into better men and basketball players.
4. I'm actually quite shy. Really!
5. I like to read (okay, binge on) Dee Henderson romance novels about once every couple of years. I really enjoyed the O'Malley series. I thought the concept was great... seven orphans who band together to make their own family, all of whom have fabulously exciting careers, each novel focusing on one of the family member's conversion, including some major apologetic theme running alongside the action of the story. Good stuff. No Fabio nonsense.
6. Related to the above, I once accidentally took my wife's multi-vitamins for about a 2-week period. During that time, I had an uncontrollable urge to rent "chic flicks" and cried at everything. I was an absolute mess! Then, one day, straining to see through teary eyes, I looked down at the vitamin bottle I was trying to open only to realize that they were her vitamins.
7. I like country music. Now, that will get a brotha's ghetto pass revoked. But, hey, what can I say? It's good story telling. I also love the blues for the same reason.
An Open Letter to America - by F.X. Turk My Dear Fellow Citizens; The vast majority of you have never heard of me, and for that all of us should be really happy. You don't want some...
3 hours ago