I've been off the blogging horse for a while. It's been a good break, though I'm not sure I'm done with it. But this morning, I thought I'd put up a few odd bits and pieces. Perhaps there is something edifying or useful in some way.
1. I want to be a hypergelast. I'll let you look it up. I only know the word because that's the word for today from Wordsmith.org.
2. Here's a helpful resource for anyone thinking about the inerrancy of the Bible.
3. Hey, have you prayed for or encouraged your pastor today? At the risk of sounding self-serving, could I suggest that every Christian church member consider one of their main ministries the ministry of encouragement for their pastors and elders. I received an email from one brother stating that he knew of over 20 pastors leaving the pastorate in one region of the U.S. I've had opportunity to interact with at least three pastors experiencing deep struggle. That doesn't include the normal battles for encouragement, joy, and perseverance that are just normal to pastoral ministry. So, have you prayed for your pastor(s) today?
4. Ta-Nehisi Coates sits down and vidblogs with John McWhorter. It's a wide-ranging conversation about hip-hop, racism, and other things. HT: JT.
5. Some helpful bits for preachers and teachers:
Don Caron "Preaching and Biblical Theology" (HT: UA)
Ray Ortlund, Jr., "Power in Preaching" (HT: JT)
A Joyful Cog in His Giant Plan - [image: A Joyful Cog in His Giant Plan] We are our own paparazzi. We’re constantly snapping pictures — posting what we made for lunch and chronicling our l...
5 hours ago