Saturday, February 17, 2007

Prayer Request

Tomorrow, a friend from church and I have the privilege of traveling to Southeast Asia for a week. We'll be there visiting some friends. The Lord has opened an opportunity to engage in a public dialogue with a leading Muslim apologist on the Person and work of Jesus. It'll be second such dialogue I've had the privilege of participating in. I'll also have an opportunity to preach at a church there pastored by a dear friend.

Please pray for our trip if the Lord lays it on your hearts. Pray that Christ Jesus would be high and lifted up and for the saving power of the Gospel to work in the audience of 99% Muslim men and women. Pray that we might have boldness as we ought, and that the Lord would fill our mouths once opened.

I'll try to post some trip highlights during the week, though that may be tough. Lord willing, when we return, we'll resume blogging with a couple concluding posts on reform in the predominantly African-American church.

Grace and peace in Him who has purchased us with His own blood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be keeping all of you in my prayers!

Pastor Randy said...

I will be praying for you. May God grant you wisdom and fruit in your discussions.

Always Giving Thanks said...

I have no doubt that your journey will be a productive and spirit-filled one (Isaiah 59:21; Psalm 16:8 and John 20:21). You are in my thoughts and prayers. Godspeed.

Anonymous said...

You were mentioned for prayer yesterday in our service.