Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Adjustments to Life in Cayman

If I had a dollar for every time someone said to me, upon hearing that I'm a pastor in the Cayman Islands, "Ahh... suffering for Jesus, huh?" I wouldn't quite be wealthy but I'd be on my way to a nice collection of Washingtons... er, make that Queen Elizabeth II (who appears on the Caymanian currency).

But, to put all the naysayers to rest. I've decided to provide a snapshot of pastoral life in Cayman... literally a few pictures that are worth thousands of words.

Here's what the visiting pastors, like Eric Bancroft of Grace Community Church, do when they come to the island:

























And here's what I do all the time (C.J. and Carolyn, thanks again for the beautiful flowers!):











And as you can see, I'm happy about where I spend my day! The way I see it... I'm more spiritual than all those folks who have to go under ocean water to physically see the beauty that's there in order to be stirred to "worship." All I need are these pictures from the survivors of such trips and I'm able to praise the Lord for His wonderful acts of creation right from my desk, dry on the land! ;-)

4 comments:

Chris Pixley said...

Your desk time is a far better investment, Brother. And knowing Eric, it's exactly the same way he spends his time when he's not on vacation. Preach the Word!

Annette said...

neat, looks fun and a nice place to work

Anonymous said...

As Calvin would say, "You lucky dog!" ;-)

Anonymous said...

My family has made Cayman the favorite vacation spot, and I've been there several times. I've done the scuba certification thing and love the Grotto, Stingray city, etc. Who are those "Suffering for Jesus?"-sayers?