Ryan Townsend is a dear brother that I got to know a bit while in DC. Since most of you don't know Ryan, here's what you need to know. A mega-watt smile seemingly ALL THE TIME, great joy in the Lord, and an abiding sense of being undeserving... gospel humility really. Ask Ryan how he's doing and what you get with that big ol' smile is "Better than my sins deserve."
In Living the Cross Centered Life, C.J. reminds us that this is of first importance: "Christ died for our sins." Indeed, and that is better than we deserve. And it points out the fact we are undeserving of so much more.
I'm undeserving. Of:
1. The love of God
2. The grace of Christ
3. The fellowship of the Holy Spirit
4. Forgiveness for my wickedness and sin
5. Adoption into the family of God
6. Justification before a just and holy God
7. Union with Christ the blameless and pure
8. Escape from the wrath of God that is coming
9. The grace of preaching the gospel of Christ
10. Having a people, Christ's people, to care for in the Christian ministry
11. The privilege of looking each day into God's Word, of either having this as a "job" or the sight and the mental ability to do it
12. Association with Christ by wearing the name "Christian" or participating in baptism and membership in His body, the church
13. Eternal life
14. Seeing Jesus by faith now and by sight when time gives way to eternity
15. The favor of the Lord in the form of my wife
16. The fruit of the womb, three children on loan to us for the glory of God
17. Friends who have loved me enough to teach me, correct me, bear with me, rejoice with me and pray for me
And so much more! So, I am grateful today for all that I have in Christ--more than I can imagine and list on a blog. And I'm thankful, that above all, Christ himself is mine and I am His. Though I'm undeserving.
He Loves Me; He Abhors Me Not - Psalm 5: David's prayer (Psalm 5) is the fruit of his deep knowledge of God and His ways. Here we learn much about God's view of the sinner as well as his si...
5 hours ago