Wednesday, July 18, 2007

An Update from Ohio

It's been great fellowshipping with the brothers at the Sovereign Grace Baptist Association's annual meeting. Most of the men here have been leading their local church as pastors for 25-35 years! One gentleman I've met has been in pastoral ministry for 55 years, and judging from his devotion this moring there is no sign of slowing down.

If you're interested, you can find copies of the conference addresses at the SGBA website. They also have audio available from previous years, including Michael Haykin on the Holy Spirit from 2004. Well worth the listen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great wealth of knowledge they must have to share with so many years experience. Glad to hear you arrived there safely and all is well. We continue to pray for your time there and safe return on Friday. God bless, Meg

David McDowell said...

I was a part of the Monday night crowd that was there and heard you speak on the Trinity. (I was the good-looking bald man who felt a bit out of place.) :) I was very impressed of your grasp of theology. I am not a member of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Association, but my in-laws church, Grace Baptist in Canton, Ohio, a GARBC church, was invited to attend. I have a B.A Degree in Christian Thought from william Tyndale College in Farmington Hills, MI and almost have a M.A. in Religion from Ashland Theological Seminary in Ashland, OH, where I am one of but a few Calvinists. I would love to chat with you more about your theology and I wish that we could sit somewhere and have coffee. I love chatting about theology over a nice cup of joe. I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you how much I enjoyed Monday night. I wanted to return, but because of work and where I live, I was not able to attend any other sessions. If you would like to chat more, please feel free to email me at davidgmcdowell@gmail.com .

In Him.

David McDowell