Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Finished Book That I Hope Will Be Great for the Kingdom

I just heard from my editor at IVP that The Decline of African American Theology: From Biblical Faithfulness to Cultural Captivity is now available--a few weeks ahead of schedule.

I'm thankful to the Lord for the privilege of being able to write this book. I'm thankful for the many men whose lives--both achievements and failures--have made the book possible. I'm thankful for the generations of African American Christians who have left some deposit for the faithful. And I'm thankful for the generations of Christians from other ethnic background with whom they have interacted and shared the faith once for all delivered to the saints. I'm thankful that the Lord has allowed us to live in this time that we might learn from the times previous. And I'm thankful for IVP for publishing this book and hopeful it contributes to the ongoing reformation of the church.

And IVP is offering free shipping anywhere in the U.S. for orders of $25 or more. Shameless plug; I'm sorry! :-)

5 comments:

ajcarter said...

And we are thankful to God for your labors on this book. May it prove to be a fruitful labor indeed.

wayner said...

I'm glad to hear this...I've had your book on order since 8/16 from Amazon. I'm looking forward to reading and learning.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to add it to my "great unfinished book" list. ;) I ordered one for myself and Pastor. Been waiting for it since I saw it on Amazon a few months ago. Didn't connect you as the author till after I got back from Miami.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! May the Lord use your book to reform black theology.
Blessings,
Lou

Anonymous said...

Pastor,

My friends and I are really looking forward to this book. I cannot begin to express how much we enjoyed The Faithful Preacher and the deep impact it had on our preaching, teaching and being faithful to the our Lord and His gospel in our ministry.

Glad it is coming out early. This will make great gifts to friends.

I also very much enjoyed the Finding Reliable Men series on selecting elders. Great posts and excellent questions. If they were put together they would make a great booklet to equip churches.

God Bless you in all your work.