1. Seeing the Lord of glory in the preaching of the word!
2. Having team time with staff and members of the church who will be attending.
3. Reflecting, as I did this morning with one staff person, on the great privilege the saints at FBC have given us in attending the conference. And praising God before, during and after the conference for their partnership in the gospel. I rejoice that the Lord has placed us as staff at a church that invests in us so generously.
4. Fellowship with the thousands of pastors, elders, deacons and brethren from around the country and various parts of the world.
5. 5,000 people (mostly men) singing Jesus exalting hymns! There's no sound like it this side of heaven!
6. Speaking on the first day, getting out of the way, then sitting down to listen to the word from gifted and extraordinarily used of the Lord brothers. It'll be feasting.
7. Related to the above, I'm thankful for the kindness of the organizers in not scheduling me to follow Mohler, MacArthur, Dever, Mahaney, Sproul, or Piper. Duncan will do an outstanding job before me, but he is such a gentleman he'll graciously leave me something to say.
8. Fellowship with old friends.
9. Time away with my wife and without the children.
10. My wife not having to cook or clean for a week, but relax and enjoy the fellowship in the word.
11. Seasons. I think it's Spring in the States. We only have two seasons... peak and hurricane.
12. Band of bloggers panel discussion before the conference.
13. Meeting new friends.
14. Have I not mentioned the books? Both free and available in the much larger book store area.
15. Two talks I feel a special need for in my own soul: "How the Supremacy of Christ Creates Radical Christian Service" and "Sustaining a Pastor's Soul."
16. I didn't start this way, but I've grown to be excited and thankful about my particular talk. I pray the Lord bears fruit from it.
17. 2006 was easily the most edifying, soul-stirring fun I've ever had at a conference. I'm looking forward to more of the same.
18. I get to see a daughter I haven't seen in about a year.
19. As much fun as it will be, it will be great to come back to the family at FBC and continue together in our pilgrimage to glory and life together in Jesus Christ.
How about you? Looking forward to T4G?