- We don’t emphasize Bible study anymore.
- We cut our outreach budget.
- Our church doesn’t change with the community.
- We don’t take risks.
- We don’t have a clear discipleship plan.
Michael Horton's Top 5 Books on Calvin (HT: JT)
Six Things a Pastor Becomes When He Has a Close Walk with the Savior
- …he becomes known as a godly Christian first and foremost, and only secondarily as a capable pastor or preacher
- …he blesses the congregation by the vitality of his prayers
- …he preaches a Saviour he knows
- …he becomes a ‘worthy’ example to the flock
- …he strengthens the faith of his family who see that he loves Jesus as much in the home as he does in the holy-pulpit
- …he bears the weight of the ministry by bringing its burdens to Jesus
Eight Outlines for Revelation 20
Ten Things You May Be Loving More Than Jesus (HT: My World)