Friday, September 11, 2009

Sighting Africa

Wednesday, we landed in Dakar, Senegal before sunrise, and remained on the plane for about an hour to refuel before leaving again for Jo'burg. While we were on the runway, darkness covered the landscape with the exception of lights at the airport.

As we left the sun began to rise on the African continent. At takeoff, the pilot followed the Senegalese coastline, giving us a clear view of the ocean and the beach. The mighty gray waves appeared to leap out of the sea before crashing in white foam on the coast.

As we rose, the sun rose. The black of night gave way to gleaming yellow sun. And a rainbow appeared, through which we seemed to fly.

It was beautiful. And that's an understatement.

I wish I could have shared it with my wife.

2 comments:

BoldLion said...

You got the passbook! I am so glad that you make it to Africa! YEAH! The Lord is so good! I will be praying for you all and the team as you lead them to Christ!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Vernita said...

So descriptive...feels like I'm there.