Monday, August 11, 2008

What Do You Know About Sports?

Stephen Altrogee is running a pretty interesting contest. Stephen is the author of a forthcoming book with Crossway, Game Day for the Glory of God. I had the privilege of reading the book in manuscript. It's a great blessing to the body of Christ, especially those of us who are sports fans or married to sports fans or the parents of sports fans!

Here are the contest details from Stephen:

Calling all sports fans! This is your time to shine. To celebrate the release of my book, Game Day for the Glory of God, I'm hosting a "Greatest Moments in Sports History" contest.
Here's how it works:
You, the avid blog reader and passionate sports fan select your favorite sports moment of all time and find a clip of that moment on YouTube.

You then email me the URL of the YouTube clip. Please place the words "Greatest Sports Moment" in the subject line. Entries must be received by Friday, August 22nd, and only one entry per person please.

I will then sift through the many magical moments that I receive and select what I believe are the ten greatest sports moments of all time. These clips will be gathered together into one glorious sports extravaganza and posted to this blog on Monday, August 25th.

If I select your video you will receive a free copy of my book when it's released on September 30th.

Sounds like a fun contest for all of us sports buffs. But whether you win the contest or not, let me assure you that the book will be worth the read and worth putting into practice.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Could you provide a link to click on to get to it? Thanks...

Anonymous said...

WOW! Just one? As a Cubs fan I doubt they have any video's of the 1908 World Series............