I like these lines from Poem 561 (HT: Mockingbird)
The Grieved – are many – I am told –
There is the various Cause –
Death – is but one – and comes but once –
And only nails the eyes –
There's Grief of Want – and grief of Cold – A sort they call "Despair" –
There's Banishment from native Eyes –In Sight of Native Air –
And though I may not guess the kind –
Correctly – yet to me
A piercing Comfort it affords
In passing Calvary – To note the fashions – of the Cross –
And how they're mostly worn – Still fascinated to presume
That Some – are like My Own –
Weekend A La Carte (October 3)
-
If my kids get into America’s top colleges, I hope they don’t go / Why
Americans stopped throwing dinner parties / The Botkin sisters apologize /
The case ...
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment