Saturday, August 05, 2006

Excited About Sunday!

Tomorrow is my first Sunday with my new church family! I can't explain it, but I feel like I've always been here! It feels like home, and I'm excited to gather with the saints and offer praise to our saving God. We're even having the Lord's supper. What a way to start!

It'll be nice to have the first couple weeks here to observe and participate as a member. I'll start preaching Aug. 20th, Lord willing.

Here's the selection of songs we'll be singing (thanks Dave):
Preparation Music
As We Gather
Ancient of Days
Blessed Be Your Name
Immortal, Invisible

Service Music
In Christ Alone
Grace Unmeasured
Grace Greater Than Our Sin
Lead Me to Calvary
How Deep the Father's Love For Us

An elder from a partner church here on the island will bring the morning message. In the evening service, a member of the church will give an update on the church's work with Baptist churches we cooperate with in the Caribbean. It should be a great Lord's day. I pray your's will also.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence! Tomorrow is the first Lord’s Day with our new Senior Pastor at our church! What are the chances of that?

Truth be told, we are THRILLED to have Pastor Thabiti Anyabwile come to lead us here at First Baptist Church of Grand Cayman! What a wonderful gift the Lord has given us! What a wonderful man of God! What a brilliant and gifted preacher! What a humble servant! What a precious brother!

Please pray for us as we begin this amazing and exciting journey together, tomorrow. I can’t wait to serve this precious brother and friend with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength!

dave

P.S. I’m really looking forward to singing that new song he mentions in the order for worship - “IMMORAL, Invisible.” Should be interesting!

J to the F - EEE - door! said...

Yeah! This is so exciting - I can't wait to see the work that the Lord will do through your time in your new church. We all here look forward to listening to your preaching online :) May the Lord bless your Sunday!

Fedor

RBA Founder Xavier Pickett said...

Thabiti,

I'm sure we can expect to hear more about your experiences and what God is going to do down there.

ajcarter said...

My friend,
I could not be more excited for you and the folks at FBC of Grand Cayman. I have a godly envy for you and do look forward to the time when I am able to come to the Caymans and fellowship with you.

God's best to you.
Tony

Nathan Finn said...

Thabiti,

I hope your first Sunday was a tremendous blessing to both you and your new congregation. Best wishes for many years of proclaiming the gospel in Grand Cayman.

KC said...

Thabiti, I'm praying for you and your family as you settle in and your first Sunday sermon next week. I'm so excited for this opportunity God has given you and am sure God will use it to bless those who come in contact with you and your family for Him the same way He has done so at CHBC.