Ed Stetzer managed to overcome my quick evasive cyber-fakes and tag me! Awwww mannn... ;-)
1. One book that changed your life: The Autobiography of Malcolm X, and Great Doctrines of the Bible (3 vols), Martin Lloyd-Jones
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Knowing God, J.I. Packer
3. One book I’d want on a desert island: since I'm alone on a deserted island, and probably puzzling about things, I think I'd want either The Mystery of Providence by John Flavel or The Sovereignty of God, Pink
4. One book that made me laugh: a witty and insightful memoir, Girl Meets God, Lauren Winner or most anything by Zora Neale Hurston (for example, Of Mules and Men or Dust Tracks on the Road).
5. One book that made me cry: All of James Cone's books (God of the Oppressed, A Black Theology of Liberation, Black Theology and Black Power, etc.)
6. One book that you wish you had written: The Christian Ministry, Charles Bridges
7. One book you wish had never been written: Shelby Spong's Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism, and all of his others come to think of it...
8. One book that you are currently reading: Systematic Theology, Berkhoff
9. One book that you’ve been meaning to read: The Institutes, John Calvin
This is harder than it looks! (note that every question starts "one book" and I've routinely given two or more... sorry).
Now... I tag: Jeff Cavanaugh; Anthony Carter; and Andrea Ruffner!
Sin Is Worse Than Hell - [image: Sin Is Worse Than Hell] For some, the doctrine of everlasting punishment in hell feels like a divine overreaction. Take Clark Pinnock as an example...
2 hours ago