Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Retraction

I'm learning to listen to my wife. It's part of what it means to live with your wife in a considerate or understanding way (1 Pet. 3:7).

An anonymous visitor to the site didn't find the video I posted re: changes with the national coordinator of Emergent stuff very funny. The video used a movie scene featuring a distraught Adolf Hitler and his advisors in a bunker to parody the Emergent shake up. My wife didn't find it funny either.

So, I've removed the video. And, with sincerity, I apologize to all those offended by the video and its use of that scene to poke fun at Emergent leaders. Please pray that those offended would receive this apology in the spirit in which it's intended, and that I would exercise better discernment.

Grace and peace in Christ Jesus our Lord, who saved us from the holocaust of God's wrath, and made us wretches a holy nation.

Thabiti

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. (Pr. 31:12)

She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. (Pr. 31:26)

Allen R. Mickle, Jr. said...

I did find it funny brother but appreciate your humility here.

Allen Mickle

Stephen Ley said...

I appreciate that, Pastor. Like you I found it hilarious, but on reflection wasn't sure it passed the Ephesians 4:29 test. For what it's worth, the movie used in the parody Der Untergang "Downfall" is a powerful piece of historical cinema. Blessings to you. I hope the islands are beginning to recover from Paloma.

Hayden said...

I too had an uncomfortable laugh. I appreciate you humility as well.

doug said...

Thabiti, I thought the video was really good; funny, but with a point too. I appreciate your having brought it to my attention. I shared it with a co-worker and we have had a few conversations regarding it; mainly re economics (he's an Econ major), but it also piqued his curiosity about the movie it was cut from, "Downfall". I can also appreciate your position at the present too, however.

Lord bless.