Monday, November 23, 2009

The TV Is My Shepherd

I don't know who first penned this, but a brother at church shared it with me in something he has written. Thought it might be helpful and challenging for some in this over-connected, over-imaged world we live in:



The TV is my shepherd,
I shall want more.
It makes me lie down on the sofa.
It leads me away from the faith;
It destroys my soul.
It leads me in the path of sex and violence
for the sponsor's sake.
Yeah, though I walk in the shadow of Christian responsibility,
there will be no interruption, for the TV is with me.
It's cables and remote control, they comfort me.
It prepares a commercial for me in the presence of my worldliness;
It anoints my head with humanism and consumerism;
My coveting runneth over.
Surely, laziness and ignorance shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house watching TV for ever.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Surely, laziness and ignorance shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house watching TV for ever.
---------------------------
Well, that explains it then. There must be TV in Hell, too...with all the trash on there nowadays, I was wondering if that was the case.

If you are interested, please feel free to visit me at www.BigBridgeACross.wordpress.com