Friday, August 14, 2009

Life and Ministry of Lemuel Haynes

It was a great privilege to join the guys at Christ the Center for an interview on the life and ministry of Lemuel Haynes. I hope it might be of interest to some of you.

Lemuel Haynes was an African-American pastor in the Rutland, VT area in the late 1700s-early 1800s. One of the things I appreciate about Haynes was his constant looking to the return of Christ. He ministered with heaven in view.

The good folks at Reformation Heritage Books invited me to do a short volume on Haynes' piety in their Profiles of Reformed Spirituality series. It's entitled May We Meet in the Heavenly World, a phrase Haynes sometimes used when signing his letters. It captures the man in many ways. You can also find a print interview about Haynes and the book at RHB.

2 comments:

Nicholas T. Batzig said...

Thabiti,

It was a great interview! Thank you for resurrecting the life and ministry of a man who glorified the Christ of the Scriptures.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading this book now and putting it on my reccommended reading list for all my friends and family