Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Around the Blog in 80 Seconds

Below are a few clips and bits that have been helpful to my soul over the last week or so....


Mark Dever on Ambrose baptizing Augustine: Ambrose "baptized Augustine in this pool on Easter, 387AD. Ambrose was the same age then that I am now. So when I was there, I prayed that God would lead people to Christ through my preaching, and that I would have the joy of baptizing those this year who would be of immense use to the kingdom." I don't think I pray this nearly enough. I'm going to start.


Because of John Piper (HT: via Rebelution via Non Nobis Domine), I'm thinking about giving my girls a holy ambition as the mark of moving from childhood to adulthood. My parenting needs to be more intentional and spiritually-minded right now.


Reading JT's notes on Piper's address "The Triumph of the Gospel in the New Heavens and the New Earth" at the Gospel Coalition left me longing a bit more for heaven. I'm looking forward to hearing the audio.


DG is beginning to post a 7-part series from Piper's Wednesday night series called "Why Even Deal with Racial Issues?" Great question. Here's part 1. Here's the audio.

No comments: